All the Cloth Nappies we stock are very user-friendly, as we believe that the easier it is to use the nappies, the more likely people are to get on with them and stick with washable nappies.
Beaming Baby's own washable nappies come with a FREE soft bamboo fibre insert. Organically grown these Bamboo Inserts will wear, wash and dry well, making changing or starting with resuable nappies a piece of cake.
Reusable Nappies do not contain any potentially harmful super-absorbent gels, deodorants or chemicals. Washable nappies give parents control over what they put next to their baby's sensitive and absorbent skin and are soft and comfortable.
Beaming Baby Bio Degradable Nappies are the most bio-degradable disposable nappy available in the UK.
• Most of the nappy biodegrades within 4 years instead of the mind-blowing 400 years.
• Each nappy has 30% less chemicals than standard disposable nappies and are kind to all babies, especially those with eczema or sensitive skin.
• Why not give them a go with our FREE Trial Pack?
Q & A washable nappies
Why go for washable nappies?
Save at least £400 per baby compared to disposable nappies.
Purest for your baby - naturally absorbent so no need for gels or chemicals.
Best for the environment - less resources used, nothing goes to landfill.
How easy are washable nappies to use? They take a little more effort than disposables, but are well worth trying. We recommend starting with washable nappies when your baby is 8 to 12 weeks old.
1. Half fill a Nappy Bucket with water and add a shake of Bambino Mio Nappy Fresh to make it smell nice.
2. Put a Nappy Mesh into the bucket to make it easy to pull the nappies out!
3. When your baby's nappy needs changing, remove nappy liner and throw into the loo.
4. Put in the inserts and nappy liners and cover into the bucket.
5. When the bucket is full or you're about to start a clothes wash, take the bucket to the washing machine, pull the inserts and nappy covers out (in the nappy mesh bag) and put into the machine.
6. Hang out to dry over night.
How many washable nappies do I need? Newborn babies may need to be changed 8 or so times every day, so you will need at least 16 nappy inserts.
You may only need 4 - 6 nappy covers as these are less likely to be soiled.
Older babies may only need 4 changes each day, so 8 nappy inserts and 4 nappy covers should be enough.
Which washable nappy would you recommend?
Beaming Baby's own washable nappies and inserts have been made to our usual exacting standards and have been designed to provide comfort for your baby and convenience for you.
Terry nappies are a traditional favourite and they are great value. Terry nappies can be folded to suit your baby's needs and are super soft and absorbent. Terry nappies are really versatile and the quickest drying washable you can buy. You don't need to worry about struggling with nappy pins, just use quick and easy Nappy Nippas. Terry nappies are also very useful to have around, and can be used as a muslin, baby towel, breastfeeding blanket changing blanket or a makeshift bib.
Liners - a thin tissue to keep baby's bottom dry. We recommend Beaming Baby Biodegradable Liners, these can be flushed down the loo!